Buck Brothers are Andy (vocals/bass guitar), Per (guitars/vocals) and Jack (drums)
They are the world's first Anglo-Irish-Swedish band and are based in London, England.
The three Bucksters met accidentally in January 2005 at the unlikely setting of a suburban Buddhist Disco in Stoke Newington, London. Being the only three men in attendance with hair on top of their heads - Andy, Per and Jack found themselves backed into a corner after the disco turned into a sedate chant-fest. The three lads quickly discovered that they had more than just follicular abundance in common and joined forces at a Hackney rehearsal studio a week later. And it was here that the Buck Brothers sound was born. In the mere 7 months that the band has been together, Buck Brothers musical development has been exponential. They've written and recorded their first EP, 'The World According to Buck', performed 50 gigs across the UK and the Netherlands and made their first music video (for 'Which me do you like?'). It's worth noting that this has been accomplished without any radio or label support. All of this is about to change, however, as the group's debut release (on their own label 'Back2Forward)' will be promoted across college radio stations throughout the United States and Canada by TinderBoxMusic in October. The band were nominated as 'Best International Artist' at Toronto Independent Music Awards in October 2005. They've also been shortlisted to perform at NEMO Festival Boston this Autumn and are currently negotiating with UK and European distributors for their debut single, 'Which me do you like?' and their forthcoming album which is slated for release in December.
What is the Buck Brothers sound?
The 4 Ps - Predatory, Power, Punk, Pop. Incredibly catchy or annoyingly hummable. A sounds that your mother wouldn't openly approve of but would secretly sing to herself on the quiet.
Some interesting Buck Brother facts
1. Met at a suburban Buddhist Disco outside London (UK) in January 2005. They were the only three people at the club with hair.
2. None of the members are actually brothers.
3. Buck Brothers are an Anglo-Irish-Swedish band as these are the passports held by three members.
4. Buck Brothers specialise in "predatory power pop punk". Ridiculously tuneful ret refreshingly bombastic and "in your face".
5. Within four months of forming, Buck Brothers have written/recorded their first album, completed their first promotional video and booked a UK & European tour.
6. Andy Duke's (Vocals/Bass) Rickenbacker 4001 bass was once owned by Bruce Foxton from 'The Jam'.
7. On tour, the Buckmobile (for that is the name of the vehicle that transports the band from place to place) features a diverse range of music in its CD player. The three things on the heaviest rotation are a Frank Sinatra Best of, Anthony Newley, Earth, Wind & Fire and a Neil Young compilation,
8. Andy Duke was born in Japan.
9. Per Sellberg's real name is Peter Sellers (his Swedish family de-Anglicised it in order to avoid discrimination).
10. By pure coincidence, Andy Duke shares Peter Sellers' birthday.
11. Jack's first instrument was the trumpet.
12. Jack's father used to work as a composer at United Artists and collaborated with bespectacled man named Reginald Dwight who went on to find fame as Elton John.
13. Although Andy tragically lost both of his parents just prior to forming Buck Brothers in early 2005, the band decided to concentrate on songs that celebrated life rather than mourn its loss.
14. Buck Brothers were nominated as 'Best International Artist' at Toronto Independent Music Awards in October 2005
"Which me do you like?", the band's first single, released on 31 October, 2005 in UK (Back2Forward)
- Debut Album "The world according to Buck" released on 25 September, 2005 (Back2Forward)